Offshore Fishing St Pete FL
St. Petersburg Offshore Fishing Locations
Offshore fishing is very popular in St Pete FL, thanks to its location on the Gulf of Mexico. Here are some of the top offshore fishing locations in St. Petersburg:
- The Middle Grounds: This area is located approximately 90 miles west of St. Petersburg and is known for its deep water and abundant fish populations. Anglers can expect to catch a variety of species including grouper, snapper, and amberjack.
- The Elbow: This area is located approximately 20 miles west of St. Petersburg and is known for its large population of grouper and snapper, as well as other species like kingfish and tuna.
- The 60-Foot Hole: This location is located approximately 18 miles west of St. Petersburg and is known for its large population of amberjack and grouper.
- The Rube Allyn Reef: This artificial reef is located approximately 13 miles west of St. Petersburg and is home to a variety of fish species, including snapper, grouper, and cobia.
- The South County Reef: This artificial reef is located approximately 14 miles southwest of St. Petersburg and is known for its large population of grouper and snapper.
What to Expect During Offshore Fishing in St. Petersburg
Offshore fishing in St. Petersburg, Florida is an exciting experience that offers the opportunity to catch a wide variety of fish species in the deep waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Here’s what you can expect during an offshore fishing trip in St. Petersburg:
- Departure: Your offshore fishing trip will typically begin early in the morning, when you’ll board the boat and head out to deeper waters. Your fishing charter or guide will provide all the necessary equipment, including fishing rods, reels, and bait.
- Travel Time: Depending on the location you’re fishing at, you may need to travel for several hours before reaching the prime fishing grounds. During the travel time, you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful scenery and the feeling of being out on the open sea.
- Fishing Techniques: Your guide will teach you the various fishing techniques used in offshore fishing, such as trolling, drift fishing, and bottom fishing. They will also provide you with guidance on how to identify and catch specific fish species.
- The Catch: St. Petersburg’s offshore waters are home to a variety of fish species, including grouper, snapper, tuna, kingfish, and even sailfish and marlin. Depending on the time of year and the location, you may have the chance to catch a specific species. Your guide will help you identify your catch and teach you how to safely reel it in.
- Wildlife Sightings: While offshore fishing in St. Petersburg, it’s not uncommon to spot a variety of marine wildlife such as dolphins, sea turtles, and even whales. Seeing these creatures up close can be a memorable experience in offshore fishing in St Pete FL.
Book Your Trip
Looking for an unforgettable offshore fishing adventure in St. Petersburg, Florida? Look no further than Salty Knots Fishing Charters! Our experienced guides and top-of-the-line equipment will help ensure a safe and successful day of fishing in the deep waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Whether you’re an experienced angler or a beginner, we’ll help you catch a variety of fish species and create memories that will last a lifetime. Don’t miss out on the chance to experience the thrill of offshore fishing with Salty Knots Fishing Charters. Book your trip today!
Services We Offer
Whether you are an experienced fisherman or a beginner, Salty Knots Fishing Charters will provide you with an experience you won’t forget. Our services include Offshore Deep Sea Charters. Salty Knots Fishing Charters also offers beautiful sunset cruises along world famous St. Petersburg beach!
What Type of Fish Will I Catch Offshore Fishing in St Pete FL?
We catch fish year round here is a list of the different fish our great fishery provides throughout the year:
American Red Snapper
The American Red Snapper season is one of the most popular times to fish the Gulf of Mexico! American red snapper can grow up to the mid 30 pound range and are found in deeper waters of the Gulf of Mexico between 100-450ft. Red snapper are a delicious eating bottom fish that put of an enormous fight.
Our high level of experience and determination will give you the best opportunity to land these giant fish! During red snapper season we will also target red and gag grouper along with a other variety of reef and pelagic species. Looking for just a red snapper trip? Great, we offer red snapper limit trips time frame is between 5-10 hours. You never know what the Gulf of Mexico will bring because our fishery is just so great!
Extreme Charter Pricing “Trophy Trips”
Note: trips above can be any type of trip you want including red snapper and grouper etc call us to see what’s biting!